We strive to make sustainability a core part of our client value proposition.
When we started our corporate responsibility journey in 2007, we knew that to become a sustainable business, we needed to make sustainability a core part of our products as well as operations.
Over the years we have made great progress, and are proud to see that sustainability is firmly entwined into our business strategy, services and managed solutions.
- We believe brands can be positive forces for change as well as engines of growth by communicating authentically with customers and stakeholders, improving operational performance and driving innovation to create products, solutions and collaborations for the new era of sustainability.
- With over 850 high-profile sustainability and energy related projects managed to date and industry-wide recognition for our pioneering sustainability consulting, ISO certification and sustainability reporting, we are also the world’s leading organiser of sustainable events and events about sustainability and energy.
- In 2017, we organised 26 events about climate, energy efficiency or sustainability for corporate and institutional clients.
Scaling sustainable business and solutions
- Our solutions and managed services help organisations create strategy, implement complex programmes by engaging stakeholders, and activating them through face to face events and innovative online communications strategies. Our experienced consultants additionally improve operational efficiency, accelerate innovation and increase return on investment.
- Example clients include: SAP, the United Nations, Symantec, Singapore Exhibition & Convention Bureau, Pacifico Yokohama, Las Vegas Sands Corp., World Congress of Accountants, Society of Conservation Biology, Globally renowned accommodation booking company, WCSHW.
- Industry categories we have an expertise in include: Smart Cities, Smart Energy, Smart Healthcare, Water, Infrastructure, Green Building, Sustainable Transportation & Hospitality and Sustainable Sports.
Quest for Quality
Client satisfaction measurement programme
The sustainability of MCI as a long-term business is contingent on the value we bring for our clients and in 2012 MCI launched a global client satisfaction measurement programme. Inspired by the Net Promoter Score® methodology, we have implemented a formal, systematic and proactive process to capture the “voice of our customers.” We selected to measure five criteria that drive the customer experience working with MCI: quality of services, quality of relationship, right team, value for money and willingness to recommend.
In our first year of measurement, MCI earned a Net Promoter Score (NPS) of 48. As none of our competitors or peers seem to be using this globally recognized standard, it has been a challenge to find an acceptable industry benchmark to evaluate our performance. Instead, we set ourselves a global goal to reach a minimum NPS of 51. We are incredibly satisfied to have over performed and reached a score of 69 in 2017.
To help us on our quest for quality and to improve the group and individual office Net Promoter Scores we are regularly analysing performance and making the required organisational and process changes. The Customer Satisfaction Index is part of the C-level agenda. Improvements are supported by formal training and on the job coaching and mentoring.
“The quality of our service is paramount. Without quality, we will fade away.”
Cathie Cusin, Vice President Meetings & Events and Chief Operating Officer Europe
Customer Satisfaction Award
To motivate talents, MCI implemented the “Customer Satisfaction Awards” to recognise outstanding customer service achievements and give MCI offices visibility for their outstanding achievements. Qualifying criteria for the award are the highest number of customer recommendations (NPS) and a significant response rate. The 2017 winners were: MCI Australia, MCI Zurich, MCI Geneva.
Get In Touch